Friday, September 4, 2009

Show: Sin City Comedy - My Review

  • Offered by House Seats
  • $5.00 Service Fee
  • Planet Hollywood V theatre 9:00 PM
A sexy comedy show featuring comedy and berlesque is how it is advertised.

The headline comic for the evening was Bob Zaney.  His comedy seemed more reactionary than joke driven, probably from years of practice, and that made it all more funny.  He attacks some new angles on subjects and then attacks the audience for their non immediate reaction.  Heck, I even purchased his CDs following the show.

As for the berlesque... it was more tease than strip.  Less sexy than a break from the comedy.  The performer was lovely to behold; but I believe that if you are selling sexy as a product, I'd like to see it.

The space for the show is not well conceived.  The room is too wide for the stage and the wings get an obstructed view.  Also the back is a semi enclosed room (that is where I got seated).  It's bad enough to be behind 8 rows or so of people on the same level, but then also be in a box.
Also, they have an interesting collection of flat screen TVs behind the stage (and two in the room I was in).  Instead of broadcasting the show on those screens so that everyone can see the show, they just display the logo.

Not a bad show, but I can tell you, if I go again I'm going to be there very early to get a better seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment